Building Something Eternal
To Donate/Pledge CLICK HERE!
As with everything we do in life, let us first begin with a prayer to our Patron Saint, St. Joseph, and ask for his help in reaching our goal to have a successful Capital- Restoration Campaign.
O St. Joseph, whose protection is so great, so strong, so prompt before the throne of God, we place all our interest and desires in you. O St. Joseph, do assist us by your powerful intercession, and obtain for us from your divine Son all spiritual blessings, through Jesus Christ, our Lord. So that, having engaged here below your heavenly power, we may offer our thanksgiving and homage to the most loving of Fathers. O St. Joseph, we never weary of contemplating you, and Jesus asleep in your arms; We dare not approach while He reposes near your heart. Press Him close in our name and kiss His fine head for us and ask Him to return the kiss when we draw our dying breath. St. Joseph, Patron of departing souls, pray for us. Amen
Our Church is in need of restoration and with your help, we will be able to make the necessary repairs to it. Currently, our Church has significant water damage in its interior due to leaking and drainage problems.
The aluminum siding, installed in 1968, will be replaced with a modern siding that is both durable and energy-efficient. The vestibule roof will be replaced and the steeple will be re-shingled. Our beautiful stained glass windows will have their trim restored and a protective glaze put on them to protect them from future weather conditions.
Moving inside our Church, the tabernacle will be relocated to the center of the sanctuary, directly under the large crucifix. The Blessed Sacrament should be in the most prominent and best place in the Church. As you enter our Church, your eyes are drawn to the center of the sanctuary and there you will now see the home of Christ, where He remains in the tabernacle. In its place, under the Divine Mercy image, will be a statue of St. Brigid of Ireland, the cornerstone of our Church as well as electric votive candles for the parishioners to light a candle for a special intention, someone in need, or for a dearly departed soul.
Our Capital-Restoration Campaign Goal is $450,000. Included in this goal is the $37,000 Bishop's Annual Appeal. While we will still conduct the 2022 Appeal, any shortfall of our goal will be subsidized by our parish Capital Campaign.
If we should be blessed enough to exceed our fundraising goal, that amount will go toward the parish reserve fund to be used for special projects, Diocesan assessment debt reduction or operational expenses.
How Can You Support This Campaign?
By praying to God first before making a donation or pledge! Ask for His guidance to do what's best with your financial situation. Your pledge payments are made over a 3 year, 36-month, period. You may contact Rich Lanahan, Director of the Office of Stewardship & Development from the Diocese of Metuchen at 732-562-1990, ext. 2438 with any questions about stock/ira donations. Payment reminders and envelopes will be mailed according to your preference. Information regarding our Restoration Campaign will be mailed to your home if you did not attend one of the Restoration Receptions.
If you'd like to make your pledge now, without receiving the mailings, just click HERE and print out the pledge form and place it in the Sunday collection basket or mail it to the Parish Office at 59 Main St. High Bridge, NJ 08829.
In closing, thank you, to the 118+ families who have already made their pledges! We currently have received over $426,500 in pledges for the 2022 Capital-Restoration Campaign. Because of your generous donation/pledge, you are helping to Build Something Eternal! St. Joseph, pray for us.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- How can I make a pledge or gift to this campaign? Visit our website at www.sjchb.org & on the home page, select the WeShare image and there you can make an online donation, or, pick up a pledge form in the Church vestibule and complete it and drop it into the Offertory Collection basket at Mass.
- Is a pledge to the capital campaign in addition to the weekly offertory? Yes. The capital campaign is addressing the parish needs above and beyond the operating budget of the parish, which is supported primarily through the weekly offertory. It is important that we maintain our weekly giving during the campaign.
- Can I make a pledge online? Yes. You will be able to make a pledge online by going to https://sjchb.weshareonline.org and clicking on 2022 Restoration Campaign.
- What if I cannot make a 3-year pledge commitment? Even though the most effective way to reach our goal will be over three years pledges one-time gifts are gratefully accepted and will help us reach our goal.
- When will the work on the exterior begin? The exterior work is going to be approximately $399,000. We will need 70% (about $279,300) in order to begin this work.
- How long will it take to complete the work? The work is estimated to take 2 months.