THE IMPORTANCE OF THE MASS
1. The Mass is Calvary continued.
2. Every Mass is worth as much as the sacrifice of Our Lord's life, sufferings, and death.
3. Holy Mass is the most powerful atonement for your sins.
4. At the hour of death, the Masses you have heard will be your greatest consolation.
5. Every Mass will go with you to judgment and plead for pardon.
6. At Mass, you can diminish more or less temporal punishment due to your sins, according to your fervor.
7. Assisting devoutly at Holy Mass you render to the Sacred Humanity of Our Lord the greatest homage.
8. He supplies for many of your negligences and omissions.
9. He forgives the venial sins which you have not confessed. The power of Satan over you is diminished.
10. You afford the souls in Purgatory the greatest possible relief.
11. One Mass heard during your life will be of more benefit to you than many heard for you after your death.
12. You are preserved from dangers and misfortunes which otherwise might have befallen you. You shorten your stay in Purgatory.
13. Every Mass wins for you a higher degree of glory in Heaven.
14. You receive the priest's blessing which Our Lord ratifies in Heaven.
15. You kneel amidst a multitude of holy angels, who are present at the Adorable Sacrifice with reverential awe.
16. You are blessed in your temporal goods and affairs.
In eternity we shall fully realize that it was certainly worthwhile to have assisted at Holy Mass daily. Pray for priests that they may offer the Mass with holy love and reverence.
St. Leonard of Port Maurice supports this statement by saying that one Mass before death may be more profitable than many after it.